PH gov’t condemns slay of Filipina in Slovenia

MANILA – The Philippine government, through the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), condemned the murder of Marvil Facturan-Kocjančič, who was killed while on holiday vacation with her husband in the Slovenian resort town of Bled last year.

The DFA earlier said her husband, Mitja, was tagged as the primary suspect and is in the custody of local authorities.

“The Philippine Government condemns the tragic incident that caused the demise of a Filipino citizen in Slovenia, and expresses its heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family here in the Philippines,” the DFA said in a statement Thursday.

The Philippine Embassy in Vienna and other related agencies, it said, are closely working with Slovenian authorities for the immediate repatriation of her remains.

The shipment, the DFA said, will be carried out upon completion of requisite forensic processes.

In previous interviews, Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Eduardo Jose de Vega said the repatriation could take place within the week or next week. (PNA)

Related articles

Recto defends use of PhilHealth funds, citing debt reduction, economic recovery

Finance Secretary Ralph Recto defended the government's decision to...

Philippines works to locate missing Filipinos in Myanmar earthquake

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has stated that...

Philippine infra spending reaches P1.545 Trillion in 2024

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) reported that...

Light rain expected in parts of the Philippines

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)...