Buglasan Fest fair extended to October 31 after ‘Kristine’ disruptions

DUMAGUETE CITY – The Negros Oriental Buglasan Festival food fest and booth fair is extended for four more days to allow vendors to recoup their losses triggered by Tropical Storm Kristine last week.

The extension until October 31 was announced Monday via the Buglasan Festival Facebook page.

The festival already held its closing ceremonies on Sunday night.

The annual Buglasan Festival, held October 18-27 this year, showcases the province’s sociocultural heritage, traditions and tourism attractions.

Hundreds of food and vending stalls and the individual booths of local government units are located in the capitol area.

The Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office (NOPPO) said the staging of the Buglasan Festival was generally peaceful.

NOPPO spokesperson Lt. Stephen Polinar said no crime was reported, except for the usual complaints like traffic woes.

Dr. Liland Estacion, head of the Integrated Provincial Health Office, said in a statement that only minor injuries were reported during the major event Buglasan Festival of Festivals on October 25.

She refuted reports from the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) that there were “head and spinal injuries.”

A report, supposedly from the PRC, circulated on social media that volunteers and other similar emergency response groups attended to 47 performers and dancers from various festival contingents and two spectators for various injuries. (PNA)

Related articles

Recto defends use of PhilHealth funds, citing debt reduction, economic recovery

Finance Secretary Ralph Recto defended the government's decision to...

Philippines works to locate missing Filipinos in Myanmar earthquake

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has stated that...

Philippine infra spending reaches P1.545 Trillion in 2024

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) reported that...

Light rain expected in parts of the Philippines

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)...